Cholesterol Profile- Fingerprick Blood Test
This home self-testing fingerprick test can indicate your risk of developing cardiovascular problems
FREE & FAST DELIVERY over £50 or just £3.50
100% Curated Quality Products
Passionate & Professional Staff
High cholesterol levels can cause your arteries to become blocked which can lead to coronary heart disease, heart attack, or stroke. Finding out about high levels of cholesterol can help you to make the positive lifestyle and dietary changes needed to improve your chances of a long and healthy life.
What are the different types of cholesterol?
There are 2 types of cholesterol. Good and Bad Cholesterol, good is also called HDL cholesterol and bad is LDL and non-HDL cholesterol. This together makes up your TOTAL cholesterol level.
The test analyses 5 essential biomarkers:
- Total Cholesterol: measuring the total amount of cholesterol in the blood to estimate the risk of developing heart disease
- High-Density Lipoprotein(HDL): classified as the 'good' cholesterol.
- Low-Density Lipoprotein (LDL): classified as the 'bad' cholesterol, causing blockage and build-up of cholesterol in the arteries.
- Total Cholesterol: HDL Ratio: calculation indicating the amount of 'good' cholesterol in terms of the total cholesterol
- Triglyceride: a type of fat stored in the body's tissues, and used to investigate the lipid profile
Please note blood tests alone are not a substitute for seeing a doctor, particularly if you have any symptoms. Test results are not a clinical diagnosis and are for information purposes only.
Your test kit contains easy-to-follow instructions on how to take your own finger blood sample, together with an instructions leaflet, and a test request form.
It is important that you read and follow the instructions in the instructions leaflet carefully and take care when taking any sample. We shall not be responsible for any injury caused by any failure to follow the instructions correctly.
The home-testing kits use a simple finger-prick blood sample you can take yourself in the comfort of your own home. Please use the enclosed lancets and tube to collect the blood sample.
Once the blood sample is taken, complete the enclosed forms and label the blood test, returning it to the laboratory using the bag included with the kit.
You will receive your test kit within 2-3 working days of ordering it and your results will be emailed to you within 5 working days of your sample being received by the laboratory. The test is valid for 3 (three) months from the date the testing kit is sent out and the blood sample when done must be sent to the laboratory within this period, following the test kit instructions.
- Spend over £50 on any order to get free UK delivery. For all orders under £50, a standard shipping charge of £3.50 will be applied.
Collections: Testing Kits