Did you know that we spend up to one-third of our lives sleeping?
Good quality and restorative sleep are crucial to our overall health and well-being.
Here are some ways to train your body to get restful sleep and also boost your immune system at the same time :
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast. Eating a balanced breakfast can have great health benefits. It tunes in your internal clock to let your body know it is time to wake up and start moving. Skipping breakfast on the other hand can delay your blood sugar rhythms, lower your energy, and increase your stress, all factors that may disrupt sleep.
- Try to go to sleep and get up at the same time every day. This helps set your body’s internal clock and optimise the quality of your sleep. Avoid sleeping in at the weekend, as this disrupts your sleep rhythm. Choose a time to go to bed when you normally feel tired, so you will go straight to sleep.
- Create a comfortable environment . Adjust the room temperature so it is not too warm or too cold, and keep curtains and blinds drawn.
- Create a consistent night time routine. Wind down slowly listening to some relaxing music or read a book or magazine.
- Stay away from alcohol and coffee. Avoid drinking alcohol or coffee too late in the evening as it can remain in your system for longer and can disrupt sleep patterns. Keep hydrated and ensure that your diet supports your immune system with lots of varied healthy vegetables!
- Avoid exposure to blue light. Turn off mobile phones in the evening and try to turn any electronic equipment to night time mode.
Quality sleep doesn’t need to feel like a distant dream.
We’ve put together a list of our favourite sleep aids that will help support healthy sleep:
- Nutri Advanced: Mega Mag Night Formula Magnesium Powder: containing a combination of vitamins and nutrients to soothe and provide support for restful sleep
- Pure Encapsulations B Complex Plus: offering a comprehensive blend of B vitamins packed into one easy to take supplement
- Bio-Kult Migréa: an advanced multi-action formulation with magnesium and vitamin B6 targeting the digestive tract and supporting the nervous system
- Nutri Advanced Ashwagandha 500mg :supports the reduction of stress and anxiety and supports memory and cognition
- Designs for Health 5-HTP Supreme: a synergistic formula to support a healthy mood or appetite and to support restful sleep.
Please see here for our full range of supplements to help you get a good night's sleep!